Thursday, February 7, 2008

Training Update

My training hasn't been that great for the last couple of weeks; there was too much going on! However, I'm attempting to get back in action. CGI Racing partnered up with Cadence something or other and gave us free triathlon training plans through TrainingPeaks.

I missed Monday's scheduled activities, Tuesday was designated as a rest day, and I flip-flopped Wednesday and Thursday's.

Yesterday I ran for 20 minutes because that was all I had. I upped the incline to at least give me more resistance. Stayed at a slow pace though.

Today I cycled for 30 minutes. The workout could have gone up to 60 minutes, but I was already feeling it so I stopped. I was going to follow up with a swim, but I forgot about the limited pool hours. It wasn't on the schedule, I've just been feeling behind. It's been 2 weeks since I was in the pool.

Tomorrow's task is to swim 30 continuous minutes. I haven't managed to swim more than 1 lap without needing to come up for air, so I'll be curious to see if I can manage it. I bought a boogie board to hopefully help with drills, and I expect I'll be using it tomorrow just to stay afloat!

No comments: