Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Monday & Tuesday workouts

TrainingPeaks Monday Plan:
  • continuously swim 40 minutes
  • run 25 minutes, with 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down
TrainingPeaks Tuesday Plan:
  • Rest Day

PhillyTriGirl Monday Plan:
Fritter afternoon options away, leave office too late in the evening to do both swim and run, choose to do a run. Since I've been lacking in the running department, run a 5k with 5 minute warm up and cool down.

I figure this is a good time to try out my new Nike+ Sport thing to see how well it's calibrated vs treadmill. I don't have Nike shoes and I like my Saucony's, so I also got a RunAway thing to tie the transmitter to my shoe. Very handy!

I mistakenly have it count a 3k instead of 5k for my workout, but I just continued to run and let it count up to 5k. The Nike+ tells me I'm finished sooner than the treadmill does. It's not a great test anyway - I need to calibrate it on the bike path where the miles are marked, since I run completely differently outside than on the treadmill.

PhillyTriGirl Tuesday Plan:
Since I didn't get the swim in yesterday, I really ought to do that today. Which I may do, if I can get to the pool in time. If not, I'll just get a full AIS stretching session in.

No comments: