Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wetsuit

I started this post a week ago. I'm just now finishing it. Sorry for the delay!

Today (Saturday) S and I (and the boys) went in the pouring Hurricane Hanna rain to Bonzai, a tri shop in Virginia, so I could rent a wetsuit for next weekend. The deal is 7 day minimum rental, $5/day fee. There are 3 major events happening soon apparently. I can figure out Nation's and Savageman, but I don't know the third. Anyway, because there are major events their pickings are a little slim. The guy handed me a wetsuit and told me to go try it on. I'd brought my tri clothes so I could get a feel for it as well.

When I went to put the suit on I found several holes in the crotch and also around the zipper seam. I wasn't overly concerned, because I'm not 100% sure I would really need it, and also it's a rental. I walked out to the shop floor after I got it zipped up so they could give me the once-over and be sure it fit ok. When I mentioned the holes they told me that they were just letting people keep the really old ones. While I was putting my street clothes back on they checked me back in as if I had returned it. Ipso facto, I now own a tri wetsuit! A very old wetsuit.

No comments: