Friday, September 26, 2008

Life After Tri

Well, my first season is complete. It's been quite an adventure. I haven't exercised since Nation's, which isn't good, but I have enjoyed the down time. I'm going to get back out there next week, before I lose all motivation.

Yesterday I had the satisfaction of filling out the Nation's Tri survey. Many Thanks to S for reigning in the tone of my comments. I really hope they take what I have to say to heart so that next year's athletes aren't still angry two weeks after the race. I am happy that my anger seems to be fading, now that I told them off how I feel.

My next plan of attack is to sign up for some 10k or so races. I can't sign up for any triathlons just yet because the ones I would be interested in haven't opened registration. Running races will help keep me motivated to train. I'm pretty sure we'll sign up again for the Jingle All The Way 10k. There aren't too many races here in Philadelphia, it seems.

It feels really odd, I have to say, not having a race looming in the back of my mind. It's kind of like when you're on a school break and wonder what people do with all that free time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Nothing posted in a while. Get back into training. There is always another race on the horizon, but you just might not know which one yet. Aunt Leah

phillytrigirl said...

I have actually been training, I've just been horribly remiss in writing about it. I should remedy that.