Friday, January 11, 2008

My USAT Timing Chip came in the mail yesterday!

I have no real training news. My work schedule and the reduced times the gym is open have prevented me from being active these past couple of days. I will try to make up for it tomorrow. I need to at least get a run in, even if I don't bike. Although I'll probably brick again. Can one brick too often, I wonder?

I did squee a bit yesterday when my timing chip arrived. Some races give you a discount if you have your own chip, although neither of the tris I have signed up for gave me that option. Still, the ankle strap is surprisingly light and comfortable! I'm sure I'll be able to use it for running races. I need to start looking at the schedule. I do so much better when things are broken down into smaller chunks. Training for a race in February or March is much easier to grasp than training for a race in July or September.

I am close to registering for a 140-mile 2 day bike ride called Ride For The Feast. It goes from the beaches in Delaware to Baltimore, MD. It's a fundraising drive for Moveable Feast, and sounds like a very interesting experience! I think it'll be a great opportunity to meet new people. It's also a great excuse to invest in a new bike. Will I be able to get up to 70 miles at a time before May?

I'm also considering signing up for the Philadelphia Tri Club. (I'm a little bit unhappy with the fees for everything; I would have to pick one of the more spendy sports options... Oh well, it's for healthy lifestyle choices, right?) I think the club might be great, but since my work schedule is so erratic it's really hard to get together in the evening, and I doubt there are very many mid-morning group workouts. That's my complaint with the gym, too. I think I saw a flyer for a masters swim class, but it met from 6:30-9 pm or something like that. That is prime working time for me! Well, the start is. My appointments are usually completed by 8 pm. My other problem is the website doesn't seem to be very well updated; I'm not sure they are even a club anymore!

I had a good laugh at articles some friends of mine wrote about some of their tri experiences. I wish I were half as funny!

No comments: