Friday, April 4, 2008

It was a good day.

Finally I've had a decent workout.

A client today told me about how a friend of hers uses pennies to count laps in the pool. I thought this was a fantastic idea, so I took 15 pennies with me. The first triathlon is 750 meters, which is 15 laps (up and back). I was very excited to see the pennies move pretty quickly! My swimming still is not great, but between breaststrokes (i.e. doggy paddling), backstrokes, and free style I complete 15 laps in about 22 minutes! I should have stayed and completed more, but I wanted to brick the bike in afterwards.

I tried to sort of "lay" everything out in the locker for transition. I even stuck my ipod and a Clif Mojo bar in my jersey pockets. I figured I'd attempt the multisport nutrition thing.

I neglected to get clips for my SPD shoes, so I used my Saucony's in the toe clips like I usually do. I completed the Ride Strong spinervals dvd, although I skipped the last 2 segments of the spin your legs out portion (have almost no tension on the wheel and go as fast as you can). I think the food experiment worked ok, although I think I don't like solid food during exercise. I still have to try Shot Bloks, Power Bars or some other things with protein, and my Sport Beans. Although I might just keep the beans for my running reward.

I didn't feel like running after all that, but I was watching the other women on the elliptical and decided I'd do 10 minutes of that at the end. Why, I'm not quite sure. I was pleased though; 4 years ago I hopped on an elliptical machine and struggled to reach 10 minutes. I wouldn't say I could have gone on forever, especially after the swim and bike, but I didn't feel too badly at the end.

All in all, a really good workout.

No comments: