Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zut!

Training continues to be kind of crappy. And I have not been able to recreate my awesome swim session, so it wasn't so much a breakthrough as a freak of nature. Not only that, but there are signs up this week that say the pool will be closed next week. (I actually thought it was this week, but that's because I misread the date on my watch. Oops! Still, closed!)

I'm seriously concerned about my next race. I do not understand why I am having such a hard time. I haven't been able to do more than 2 miles running or my 20+ mile long bike rides in a while. I have less than 6 weeks to go so I need to get on it!

I'm going to compare training schedules from The Woman Triathlete, The 12-week Triathlete, and Triathlon Training In Four Hours A Week. Then I'm going to put it all together into a training plan where I will hopefully succeed. Although the Woman Tri book wants me to run 9-12 miles next week, and no. I'm hopefully going to get back to 5 miles at my next run on Friday, and then I'll go from there.

Tomorrow I'm going to do another spin session on the only spinning bike at the gym. I'm going to attempt the No Slackers Allowed one, although it's a huge jump forward from the Ride Strong video.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about swimming yet, but I'll try to at least get the bike/run back on track.

No comments: