Thursday, July 3, 2008

An email message I could have done without.

Course Change
Okay Ladies I have good news and bad news...and before you panic about this course change let me just tell you 1) we had no choice and 2) you'll be fine~ I promise.

The bad news is that due to factors beyond our control the Parks Commission has deemed our swim entrance (which allows for the point to point swim) unuseable. We found this out in our meeting with them last week. So we researched and swam many other options and determined there is no other way but to have the swim course start at transition and swim about 150 yards upstream then over and back down stream to the original swim exit. I will tell you that I swam a similar course (but more like 400 meters upstream) recently and it was fine. I never even noticed if there was or wasn't a current. Our swim in the first year of the race also included a portion going upriver (much farther than this years) and it was fine.

So now you ask ...GOOD NEWS? We shortened the swim. You will now be swimming closer to about 700 yards as opposed to 750 meters (825 yards).

Ugh.


No comments: